Two factor authentication is a great tool for maintaining account security and in this article we will show you how to set it up!
- Login to your account and under your name, you should see ‘Security Settings.’
2. After going here, click on ‘Two Factor Authentication’ which will bring you to this screen. Click on ‘Get Started’
3. You will then be brought to a screen like this. Make sure to download ‘Google Authenticator’ on your smartphone. Once downloaded, go to ‘Scan Barcode’ on the app and scan in your personal barcode. You will see a 6 digit number displayed on your smartphone, and this is the code that you enter into the textbox displayed, “Enter Authentication Code.”
4. After this, 2FA will be activated for your account! Make sure to save your backup code in case you do not have your phone with you when you need to login to your account.
5. Now, whenever logging into your account from a different IP, it will ask you for your 2FA code. All you have to do is go to your Google Authenticator app and enter in the code that you see on your smartphone!
As simple as that! As always, thanks for using Iced Out!